Consent to Telehealth Services
We provide websites and applications through which you can obtain an online visit with an independent, licensed healthcare professional (a “Provider“) and mail order pharmacy services for any medications prescribed to you (collectively, the “Services“). The Services constitute a form of telehealth, which involves the delivery of healthcare services using electronic communications between a healthcare provider and a patient who are not in the same physical location. We believe that telehealth has the potential to provide a number of benefits, including convenient, discreet, and affordable care. Telehealth may be used for diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and/or patient education. Telehealth may include, but is not limited to:
- Electronic transmission of medical records, photo images, personal health information, or other data between a patient and a Provider;
- Interactions between a patient and a Provider via audio, video and/or asynchronous data communications, such as secure messaging and email; and
- Use of data from remote monitoring devices, medical devices, and sound or video files.
The websites, applications, and information systems used in the Services incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy, security, and integrity of your health information.
Possible Benefits of Telemedicine:
- Telehealth can make accessing medical care easier, more efficient, and less expensive.
- You can obtain medical care and treatment at times that are convenient for you.
- You can interact with providers without the necessity of an in-office appointment.
Possible Limitations of Telehealth:
- Information transmitted to your Provider may not be sufficient to allow for appropriate medical decision making or your Provider may not be able to provide medical treatment for your condition via telehealth, and you may be required to seek alternative care.
- The inability of your Provider to conduct certain tests or assess vital signs in person may in some cases prevent the Provider from diagnosing or treating you or identifying that you need urgent medical care.
- Your medical care could be delayed due to technological failures that interrupt the Services.
- Data security protocols or safeguards could fail and cause a breach of your identified health information.
- Due to the nature of the Services and regulatory requirements in certain jurisdictions, your treatment options, especially pertaining to certain prescriptions, may be limited.
By accepting this Consent to Telehealth, you acknowledge your understanding and agreement to the following:
- I have read this Consent to Telehealth carefully and understand the risks and benefits of the use of telehealth in my medical care and treatment.
- I give my informed consent to receive medical care and treatment by telehealth from Providers affiliated with Mango.
- I understand that the delivery of health care services via telehealth is an evolving field and that the use of telehealth in my medical care and treatment may include uses of technology not specifically described in this consent.
- I understand that while the use of telehealth may provide potential benefits to me, as with any medical care service no such benefits or specific results can be guaranteed. My condition may not be cured or improved, and in some cases, may get worse.
- I understand that I have a duty to answer questions about my health and medical history honestly and accurately and to keep all of my healthcare providers, including my Provider, up-to-date on any changes in my health, symptoms, treatments, or medications.
- I understand that withholding or providing inaccurate information about my health and medical history in order to obtain treatment may result in harm to me, including, in some cases, death.
- I understand that my Provider may determine in his or her sole discretion that my condition is not suitable for treatment using telehealth, and that I may need to seek medical care and treatment in-person or from an alternative source.
- I understand that the Services enable coordination and communication with a Provider and do not replace my relationship with any existing healthcare provider.
- I understand that I cannot obtain emergency care through the Services, and I should call 9-1-1 and seek immediate medical treatment if I am experiencing a medical emergency.
- I understand that I have access to all of my health and wellness information pertaining to my telehealth consultation with my Provider in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- I understand that Mango and my Provider will share my telehealth record with my other healthcare providers only with my consent and at my request. I understand that I can have my telehealth record sent to my other healthcare providers by emailing Mango at [email protected] and providing my consent along with my healthcare provider’s name, address, and phone number.
- I understand that I can withhold or withdraw this consent at any time by emailing Mango at [email protected] with such instructions. Otherwise, this consent will be considered renewed upon each new telehealth consultation with a Provider.